Friday, August 29, 2008

CHARMY-SAMA, PUNISH ME!!!!

and I mean that quite literally...

Why?!

Okay... If you recall, earlier this month I had to go the city dumpsite for an immersion (compulsary activity for seniors in my university)...

and for one week before the three day immersion, I was complaining all over the place... And I mean all over the place... I think I complained here too...

Of course when I got there, I acted all 'orocan' (Filipino slang term for fake) for the first few hours... but I (think I) changed my attitude as I mingled with the people there... but still I went there with my upper-middle-class-elitist-prejudices... that's a fact

Honestly, I'm quite ashamed of that (even without having seen Rika go through something similar) because the people there (the scavengers) were very nice and hospitable people... Even if they had little to go around, they still fed me the best that they can... they didn't let me eat 'pagpag' (RECYCLED FOOD), they even bought a liter of softdrinks so that I wouldn't have to drink their water and even if it was beyond their budget (less than a dollar a day), they bought a mosquito repellant coil for me so that the mosquitoes wouldn't bother me as I sleep...

And besides, I AM a humanities major... I mean, where's my humanity in all that complaining?

I am deeply ashamed...

Anyway... I really admire Rika... Not a lot of celebrities can do what she did... It was a very brave act... I have no regrets of choosing to worship her... ... ... ... ... and this just makes me want to worship her more... She's working towards the greater good of humanity... in short, holiness...



Charmy-sama, make me holy like you...



IF YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE WHO THINK SHE'S FRIMMIN' IMMATURE, FRIM YOU!

No comments: